Dashboard "Enterprise Knowledge Management Aspects (Concerns, Responsibilities, Roles, Use Cases and Tools/Methodologies)"
C180913155815Jump to navigation Jump to search
See Ontology "EnterpriseKnowledgeManagementOntology" for visualizations and explanations.
|Concern||Talks/Tutorials/CreateCamps/Workshops addressing this concern|
|Organize a knowledge management conference|
Configuration / Maintenance
Use cases by role
- UseCaseGoal "Add entities" (IsCarriedOutByRole: EndUser)
- Recipe "Ways to make remote Duplicity backup sets available in a local directory" (IsCarriedOutByRole: Role "Administrator")
- Recipe "Restore a dataspectsSystem from a Duplicity backup set" (IsCarriedOutByRole: Role "Administrator")
- Presentation "How to store and structure knowledge on a SMW — here's the framework" (IsCarriedOutByRole: Role "Promoter")
- Recipe "Add/edit subject types" (IsCarriedOutByRole: Role:PowerUser)
Role "Community Member"
Role "Knowledge Management Consultant"
Role "MediaWiki Sales"
Role "Academic Stakeholders"
- Why did you decide for MediaWiki?
- Which software solutions did you consider?
= "decision maker"
= contributing with content to the wiki & editor = person who is editing the wiki/putting content into the wiki
- edits, adds text
- fills in a form
- adds basic formatting
- uses Visual Editor to edit text
- all of editor/contributor
- sorts pages into categories
- moves and deletes pages
- does gardening activities
- demands new functionalities
- All of the above +
- Use Case "Add/edit regular subject affinities"
- Use Case "Add/edit complex facet views" (lua/compound #ask: using templated result formats)
- Use Case "Train end users"
- Component1749967955 (DSKMF feature extraction upon arrival)
Role "Ontology Designer"
- creates templates, properties, forms, queries
- organises the ontology
- e.g. groups ontology components in logical ways (example)
Role "User Interface Designer/User Experience Designer"
- designs the wiki, configures the user interface
- designs search interface
- All of the above +
- Use Case "Backup/restore system for several purposes" (Component0272684347)
- Recipe "Restore a dataspectsSystem from a Duplicity backup set" (Installation)
- Recipe "Ways to make remote Duplicity backup sets available in a local directory" (Installation)
- technically improves the ontology of the ontology designer
- automates certain ontology processes
- groups and structures the ontology
- works not only with wikitext, but also with GitHub, RDF, XML etc. – other formats and platforms
- Use Case "Upgrade dataspects Knowledge Management Framework (DSKMF)"
- Use Case "Manage DSKMF customization part" using Component 759410
- Use Case "Manage resource silos indexing (entitizing and feature extraction and synthesis)"
- Use Case "Manage resource silos index update policies"
- Use Case "Manage search result facet views"
- Use Case "Integrate resource silos, interfaces"
One of a SearchEngineer's main tasks is to customize a search engine.
- Use Case "Consolidate, curate, clean content and manage coherence" using Component 759410 (example: Component 600319)
- Use Case "Manage, monitor and interpret quality metrics" (What are they?)
An important general task for developers is to create DSLs that facilitate other roles' tasks at the right abstraction level balancing the needs for flat learning rates, flexibility and reuse.
- Use Case "Develop dataspects tools"